CICT is a certified provider of OSSA courses. OSSA, the Oil Sand Safety Association was established to increase awareness of workplace health & safety through implementing safety practices and training standards for the Oil Sands industry.
The founding mission of OSSA is to:
- Increase the awareness of workplace health and safety
- Agree to and implement safety practices and/or training standards for the Oil Sands Industry
- Promote and increase the availability of quality safety training and access to safety information to the oil sands industry and for other regional workers
- Establish effective processes to evaluate and approve training programs
- Ensure system integrity through timely program reviews and auditing
- Establish programs and initiatives for the promotion of improved safety performance in the oil sands industry
- Consider entering into arrangements, where appropriate, with like-minded industry, contractors, labor providers, government and other stakeholders, which support the attainment of the vision
CICT is OSSA Certified for the following courses:
CICT’s Elevated Work Platform (EWP) training course is an instructor-led program approved by the Oil Sands Safety Association (OSSA). The course adheres to OSSA standard and is applicable to any jurisdiction where it is recognized.